24 Converse Street
Palmer Massachusetts 01069-1869
The Converse Middle School was originally constructed in 1923 as the Palmer High School. In 1963, there was an addition to the building. The building became the Converse Middle School in 1991. There are currently 400 students enrolled in grades
5-7, with 41 professional and 27 support staff, comprising:
- 15 subject level/homeroom teachers
- 9 special education teachers which includes 4 inclusion, 4 resource and 1 speech/language teacher
- 3 Title I remedial teachers, (2 math teachers and 1 reading)
- 1 professional librarian
- 3 unified arts teachers (art, music, and physical education)
- 1 band director
- 1 alternative education teacher
- 2 guidance counselors
- 1 full-time nurse
- 2 administrators
of each grade level are placed on a team of teachers (please see the full listing of faculty by team at http://www.palmerschools.org/MiddleSchool/MiddleAcadTeams.htm ).
Students also receive instruction in unified arts: music, art, physical education, and school to career guidance. Band and chorus are offered to students of all grades.
Middle School PTO meetings are held the first Monday of every
month at 6:30 p.m. in the CMS library. All are welcome to attend.
Directions to Converse Middle School:
We are located at 24 Converse St., Palmer,
immediately adjacent to the Oakknoll Cemetery.