Palmer High School
Core Values and Learning Expectations
All students who enroll in Palmer High School will graduate with the skills necessary to succeed in college or in other post-secondary training. Palmer High School is a community of learners, committed to preparing all students for living, learning, and working in the modern global era. The school community at large mentors and takes responsibility for the success of all its members.
We commit to:
- Engaging parents as partners.
- A safe, respectful, and collaborative environment.
- The integration of academic disciplines.
- Experiences that promote intellectual curiosity, creativity, and independent and critical thinking.
- Learning that makes relevant connections.
- Active engagement and research-based inquiry.
- The use of models and rubrics as exemplars for learning.
- Adult role-modeling of attitude, behavior, and performance expectations.
- A process of self-assessment, editing, and amendment of work, using analytic critique.
- Supporting personal learning styles and promoting student self-advocacy.
- Community partnerships that promote and enrich the value and funding of education.
- Communicate effectively, using a variety of media.
- Analyze and evaluate information and ideas.
- Solve problems with creative and logical insight.
- Utilize proven methods of inquiry to solve problems in a precise and ethical manner.
- Understand preventative physical and mental health strategies.
Civic and Social Competencies
- Demonstrate personal responsibility.
- Collaborate in the classroom, school, and community.
- Select appropriate post-secondary paths.